This is a blog site about my daughter Brooklyn. Currently she is 4 1/2 years old. When she was born, she was diagnosed with Down syndrome. I didn't know what to think or say or even do. But, I sure loved her and I was scared. Now, I am fortunate to have a daughter that is going to have many things go her way! I'm so excited to experience her life styles and I hope to be able to help pave a way to many experiences that I thought she would never have. I love you Brooklyn.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

WOW!!!!!!

OMG!!! Thank you my blogger expert!!! Now on to Brooklyn. She is now sleeping. Tomorrow is National Down Syndrome Day and our family will celebrate Brooklyn by going to the Amazing Pizza Machine. I am so thankful for all the achievements Brooklyn has accomplished thus far. She could not have done it if it wasn't for all the resources provided by the school district and for my family and friends including the group Super Moms which means a lot to me. It's not just the support it's the friendships, compassion, familiarity, referral and resources. I couldn't have made it thus far without all of you.
Brooklyn is currently in her second year of pre-school at Joslyn. She goes to the afternoon class. During the summer she will turn 5. She will be going full time Kindergarten at Picotte in the fall. She will be in a inclusion type setting. I am so excited for her. She knows about 18 letters of the alphabet and knows 1-10. She does have problems with cutting with scissors so she will use a special pair. She likes to color and attempts to stay with in the lines. She does not understand big, little or over and under so that is something I hope to help with her over the summer. She is still not Potty Trained yet but in progress. Night All!!!

1 comment:

  1. If you want to view other posts look down below and hit the buttons that are shown. They display newer post and older post. Thanks and enjoy and please post!!!

    ReplyDelete